Friday, August 20, 2010

Day 5: Project Ezra


As part of Project Ezra, a project started to encourage believers to take to their communities with the public reading of the Bible, I went out this afternoon to the court-square downtown and set my mic and amp up and proceeded to read from the book of Jeremiah chapter 7.

In this particular chapter, God is calling Jeremiah to stand in the door of His temple and confront pretenders to the faith. If your reading the Bible publicly, this is a great book to read. As you read the text, you will see many similarities between the way Israel had forgotten God and the people of today.

Many people fear public speaking and I am one of them. Many times I am "kicking up rocks" per-say when I stand in front of a crowd for some open air preaching. Praying and praying before that first word rolls off my tongue.

It doesn't matter how nervous ones is, if God has given you a word to share, you will not be able to keep it in. Like Jeremiah, it is like fire in your bones. Jeremiah 20:9

During our reading, we passed out some tracts and had some one two one conversation. One man we spoke with was Calvin. A drug addict that needs Christ desperately as we all do. Please remember him in your prayers.

Also check out Project Ezra by following the link attached for more on taking part in the public reading of scripture in your area. There is a participation map that those who read each week and just may be some in your area.

If your into Facebook, there is a page as well for that. Check that out by clicking this link.

Thanks very much for letting me share this with you. I hope you find these opportunities an encouragement to you as I do finding and writing about them. I hope they lead you to do the same and share your faith in your own city.

Lighting the darkness~
David
EvangelizeYourCity.org

No comments:

Post a Comment