Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 12 : Evangelism doesnt have to be legalistic

If you are following this blog, you may have noticed that I did write any post for the weekend. Thankfully, some of that was due to a busy weekend and some of it is a reminder that evangelism, sharing your faith should not become legalistic. What I mean is that why it is a command for us to share our faith and make disciples, if doesn't have to be a burden to us, as something we must simply do everyday just to do it.

Now don't get me wrong, we should in some manner share our faith regularly, be ready in season and out of season and able at any moment to share our faith 2 Timothy 4:2. We need to be prepared to make a defense to anyone that may ask us for a reason for the hope that is within us 1 Peter 3:15.

There are opportunities everyday that are given to us to practice sharing our faith. If we miss a few, that's fine. I don't believe God will beat us with a stick. Sharing your faith as I try to emphasis is simply practice, practice, practice. There will always be more chances and opportunities. As we grow and learn, it will get easier to do and you will get more confident.

I did have opportunities this past weekend though to share my faith. Each day offered a festival or opportunity at the store to talk to a person or fill up on gas. I am very grateful for each opportunity.

Over the weekend, I was able to sit back and watch some videos on evangelism training. This was one thing I did this weekend. Sometimes instead of going out to witness, it is just best to sit and read God's word and study, one day, I did just that. They are from The Ambassadors Alliance Academy part of Livingwaters Ministries or Way of the Master. Each video consist of different speakers speaking for about an hour. Please take some time and watch these videos if you have not done already so. I will post a link to the videos below and once agin, strongly encourage you to view them.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ambassadors-academy

I know that his post is somewhat different to the direct purpose of this journal, but in the end, I want you to be encouraged to share your faith, not just read what I do.


Thank you,
David
www.EvangelizeYourCity.org

No comments:

Post a Comment