Monday, September 27, 2010

Day 25: Taking your kids witnessing

Today I had to go to Wal-Mart to drop some paper work off to get permission to place my Prayer Station in front of the store and I took my 3 year old along with me.

After speaking with a manager up in the front of the store, I was sent to the back by lay-a-way to speak with a person from personnel.
As we waited, I tried patiently to keep my three year old calm and in control. She has attention span that is shorter than my pinky toe and enough energy to to get the shuttle to the moon and back...

During our wait, which seemed like days....crickets chirping; there was a guy who was waiting for something else on a nearby chair. I had a few football trivia tracts that I just got in the mail from Bezeugen Tract Club and offered him one.

That was simple... I'm sure that as the guy waited, longer than us in fact, he was delighted to find something to read to help pass the time;and what better than God's word...

It is always a joy to hear my kids talk about witnessing. My kids always enjoy going places with me and passing out a few tracts. They even have a special word for it as well. It's called "gospel-ing."

I asked my little girl today as we drove to the store, "Who do you tell people about when you go gospel-ing?" With a big enthusiastic yell she said ,"Jesus."

Let me encourage you to take your kids witnessing with you. Teach them, let them see and hear you do it. As they grow, they will become great ambassadors for Christ in their own schools and around their friends.


Light the darkness~
David
EvangelizeYourCity.org

2 comments:

  1. I really like that you encourage taking your kids along when you go to share Christ with others. I especially appreciate that you lead by example, showing your daughter how to take God-given opportunities to point people to Him.
    Jennie P. Martin
    http://www.jenniepmartin.com/2010/09/biker.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment and encouragement Jennie...

    David..

    ReplyDelete