Friday, September 17, 2010

Day 23: Third run- in with the law in three days, but a good one

Last night I found myself at my new fishing spot in town, Troy State Montgomery. I have sort of adopted this new spot recently and found it to be a great place to go at night as students and other people who are downtown walk and drive by.


If you have read any of my last post, A few weeks back, I had a run in with the campus police about preaching downtown in this area. You can read about that by following this link.

Tonight, I had a run in with the same officer, but much different than previously. As I scanned through my bible and prepared to lift up God's name, the officer approached me and asked what section I would be in tonight.

A little confused, I asked him what he meant. "What are you preaching on tonight?" To my surprise but delight, I told him 2 Corinthians 5:21. " He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him"

As we talked about the text, I came to find out more about Officer Jones, that he was a former police officer and school teacher. As well as this Sunday he would be ordained as a deacon in his home church. We discussed some scripture concerning deacons as well as issues of the day.

Our conversation lasted maybe 20 minutes, but what was great, and all glory to God is given is that a few weeks ago, Officer Jones was telling me I wasn't allowed to preach, and tonight, we found ourselves on the same side talking about God's word.

No comments:

Post a Comment