Thursday, September 9, 2010

Day 19: Iron Sharpening Iron

Sometimes sharing God's truth is not always with a lost person, but reminding a Christian of the truth of God's word, iron sharpening iron per say.. Proverbs 27:17

Today, I spent most of my time at home, but had the chance to speak with a brother in Christ over the phone that had been dealing with a few things. I won't elaborate on the specifics of our conversation, I feel I must be respectful to the privacy of the one I spoke with.

I can tell you and I am sure you know, no matter how long we have walked with God, there are many seasons of trials and good times. That is one thing our Lord does tell us we will have, trials and tribulations and persecution because of His name. John 16:33

But He continues to comfort us, in the same verse, "But take heart; I have overcome the world.” Indeed He does. There are many things that come against us, especially when we try to share our faith. The road can be hard and tiresome, but praise be to God, at least it His road.

As always, God gives opportunities for us to glorify His name, even if it would be done by sharpening another follower of Christ.

Light the darkness
David
EvangelizeYourCity.org

No comments:

Post a Comment