Monday, September 13, 2010

Day 20: A Dead Battery & Missed Opportunity

It appears as if the closer I get to the 30 days, I am slacking on posting my journal each day. I can be honest that sometimes, I'm beat and have had a long day and just too tired to put my thoughts and opportunities down on paper per say.

But... Let me get started. As I say often in this journal is that everyday we get opportunities to share our faith. To pass out a tract or speak to a person. Either pumping gas or going to the market. Opportunities are everywhere, happens though we just aren't looking.

Today, I had a great opportunity to witness to a very nice lady that offered to assist my family by jumping our van off after the battery died in a Walgreen's parking lot.

She was rather up in years so she told me that I had to connect them and I gladly did. The entire time, I had a tract in my pocket and was preparing to witness to her. After I got our van running, I shut each of our hoods and placed her jumper cables back in her trunk. I had many opportunities to witness, but....FAILED.

Honestly, this little old lady put fear in me. I was afraid that she might not take it. I think it was more PRIDE. I was more afraid of what she would might think about me.

Anyhow, I know it isn't how much you witness, but that we should, not just because God commanded it, but out of gratitude for the cross..

Light the darkness~
David
EvangelizeYourCity.org

1 comment:

  1. Things become easier if you find a way to relate and be personable with someone. Spent almost 2 hours with a guy tonight talking 1 1/2 talked about spiritual matters,church life, and struggles with modern faith he was having... Had the chance to leave him with some great ways to show out his works in his faith for his family so they too can know the savior... Truly a blessing when seeing what a little time with the soil , carefully planting a seed , and watering passionately can do for his kingdom...

    His quote was awesome " Its to often we hand someone bread and get rocks, I just hope to give someone bread and get bread in return..."

    Prayer for Randy and his family.

    ReplyDelete