Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Day 17: We Fight Not Against Flesh & Blood

Today started out just as I had planned for the most part. I made my way out near Eastchase Mall to stand at the busy intersection with one of my witnessing signs. The weather was fine, not to hot with a cool breeze. I had been out there for about thirty minutes when I began to fill trapped in the middle of the intersection between on coming traffic.

I found myself hard to breath and a bit nervous. I drank some water and continued praying. For the first time in my life, I felt as if I was having an anxiety attack of some sort. As I prayed, I felt as if it was just a mind thing and I kept telling myself that over and over. As quick as it came on me, it left.

As traffic slowed down, I made my way across the street back to my vehicle, where I relaxed and prayed. I felt as if this was more than just a simple anxiety attack.

Later in the day, I prepared to go back out to the Troy Montgomery and do some witnessing in the campus, when just the thought of it, I felt a type of fear, much like earlier in the day besiege me.

I knew that I was fighting more that nerves and fear, but the enemy. I figured I must have done something to get him on my tail. I called a few buddies and voiced my concern to some online friends to pray for me as I still prepared to go out witnessing.

My fears subsided once I made my way downtown. I continued to pray and thank our Lord for the opportunity to share His word and prayed that he would speak through me.

I was not able to preach as I had planned, but was blessed to have met and spoke with many people, one who said he was an agnostic. After speaking with him, he had been searching and was very open minded to a point. He knew there had to be something out there but figured if he just lived a good life, then God would understand.

Others that I met was Freda, an older lady who lost her job and decided to go back to school to finish her Masters. She actually encouraged me on a few things since I recently lot my job.

There was more people I had the privilege to talk and hand a tract to, including some Christians who asked for extra tracts to hand out.

I wonder who was so important that the enemy would have to try to discourage me from going out? The answer to that is simple, everyone. The Everyone is important as everyone needs a Savior.


Ephesians 6:12 tells us that our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.

I once heard an evangelist speak about when we begin to share our faith, we make in onto Satan's top ten list. We can often forget when we share our faith, that he is very displeased. He is very happy if we remain fearful and never share our faith. If we never step out of our comfort zones to tell others of the hope that is within us.

I am not worried about more attacks, my trust is in the Creator God, the Almighty King. He is my refuge, My God.

Please pray for those I met today and for more opportunities to continue sharing my faith as I am able to. My prayer is that God would use this journal to glorify His name and encourages you and others to go out and share the gospel with all you can.

Light the darkness
David
www.EvangelizeYourCity.org


No comments:

Post a Comment