Saturday, October 2, 2010

Day 28: Family time at the park

In previous post, I have in written about witnessing adventures that involved my kids. I find it a great joy to have them tag along when witnessing and I strongly encourage it. Sharing your faith does not need to be a hobby you may have away from your family,but a lifestyle that your family and you can practice doing together.

On this particular day, the weather was beautiful. It was nice and cool with a great breeze. A perfect day to take the youngsters to the park.

While at the park playing with my kids, I planted a million dollar bill tract on part of the kid's castle at the park and waited.

Before long, I noticed a group of young kids gawking over it. Each of them gazing at the big money one of them had found. Before we left the park, I gave one to a lady playing with her child and one of the kids that had seen the million I planted, spotted it as if it was the best thing since sliced bread.

He immediately ran up to her and asked her about the tract. I then pulled out my stash and handed him and the rest of the kids at the park one, explaining to them what it was.

As we made our way to the van, my three year old took some and handed them out to some parents sitting along some benches as their kids played.

I love being a dad. I find it a great joy to call my kids mine and to take them along and teach them how to share the greatest message there is with all we can.

I look forward to Day 28 of this journal and hope that you are encouraged by this journal as I have been with the opportunities given to share such good news.

Lighting the darkness~

David

www.EvangelizeYourCity.org

No comments:

Post a Comment